After a tiring day, there's nothing more satisfying than slipping into a bed adorned with exquisite luxury sheets and bedding. However, if you desire to enhance your sleep quality, it's crucial to ensure that your bedroom is cool and pleasant.
According to sleep experts, maintaining a cool room environment is key to achieving a restful night's sleep. Beyond promoting better sleep, a cooler setting triggers the release of melatonin, a hormone that aids in regulating the sleep-wake cycle and possesses anti-aging properties that help maintain a youthful appearance.
If the allure of rejuvenating sleep and a youthful visage isn't enough motivation to lower the thermostat, scientific studies indicate that the optimal sleeping temperature ranges from 60 to 67 degrees Fahrenheit. Our body temperature naturally fluctuates throughout a 24-hour cycle, and the highest quality sleep occurs when our body temperature begins to decrease.
Tips to Keep Your Bedroom Cool at Night for the Perfect Sleeping Conditions
Fortunately, there are numerous methods available to maintain a cool temperature in your bedroom, ensuring you wake up feeling well-rested and rejuvenated. If you often find yourself awake in the middle of the night, unable to sleep peacefully, particularly during the warmer summer months, here are some helpful suggestions to optimize your sleep experience.
- Effectively close windows, blinds, and curtains during the day to cool your bedroom and make it easier to sleep.
- Cool yourself before bed - Taking a contrast shower before bed can help you cool down for a comfortable sleep. This not only lowers your body temperature, but also relaxes and refreshes you, making it easier to fall asleep.
- Choose the right bedding - not all sheets are the same. Luxurious linen or cotton sheets are breathable and ideal for keeping you cool.
- Wear cotton pajamas - summer pajamas should be loose-fitting and made from natural cooling materials such as 100% cotton. If you sleep in cotton clothes, you will sweat, and cotton, by absorbing moisture quickly, will keep you cooler.
- Hydration - staying hydrated during the day is very important to staying cool while sleeping. Avoid alcohol and coffee before bed and keep a bottle of water by your bedside to drink throughout the night. However, be careful not to drink too much as this can make you want to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and disrupt your sleep.
Choosing the Best Bedding to Keep You Cool
For a better sleep, it is important to choose bedding of the highest quality. After all, the kind of bedding you choose depends on how warm, cool and comfortable your bed will be!
Monhome recommends choosing bedding that is pleasant to the touch, breathable, and wicks away sweat and moisture to keep you comfortable and cool all night long. You can find exactly that here, which is perfect for the summer heat. You can see our assortment here.